- Our Home
- What's New
- Our Grants
- Donors & Fundholders
- Agency Funds
- Art Gallery of Burlington Fund
- Burlington Public Library Permanent Endowment Fund
- Burlington Teen Tour Band Boosters Inc. Fund
- Community Living Burlington Fund
- Conservation Halton Foundation Green Value Fund
- Halton Women's Place
- Impact Fund
- Junior League of Hamilton Burlington Fund
- Millicent McEwen Fund
- Performing Arts Burlington Fund
- The Carpenter Hospice Permanent Endowment Fund
- United Way Tomorrow and Forever Fund
- Wendy Schick Endowment Fund
- Professional Advisors
- Proud Supporter Program
- Events & Initiatives
Established in 1999 as a centre for philanthropy, Burlington Community Foundation is a local knowledge broker and trusted partner in the non-profit sector. We collaborate with donors to build endowments, give grants and connect leadership. Responsive to our donors, our grantmaking experts help people give, build legacies, address vital community needs and support areas of personal interest.
The Foundation helps people, agencies and corporations improve our city’s vitality – today and tomorrow. Our grantmaking supports donor wishes and addresses the highest priority needs in our community. Each grant truly makes a difference to our neighbours, friends, colleagues and their families, as Burlington Community Foundation continues to strengthening Burlington with gifts that give forever.
We currently manage more than $10 million in assets, steward over 74 charitable funds and have distributed more than $3.18 million in grants in Burlington and the surrounding area. Learn more about the Foundation by reading our frequently asked questions here.
The Foundation works with individuals to improve the quality of Burlington life and serves as a catalyst for dialogue and action on critical issues.
- We provide a bridge between donors and the charitable needs of the community.
- We advocate giving and encourage generosity.
- We create giving opportunities for donors.
- We invest and manage donations and grant the available earned income.
- We connect donors to vital charitable initiatives in health and social services, arts and culture, education, recreation and the environment.
We create permanent improvements in our community through the expressed legacies of Burlington’s generous donors. We do all this to advance the quality of life in Burlington to be the very best in Canada.
We are among the over 190 Community Foundations that are part of the Canadian movement for community vitality. Community Foundations help Canadians invest in building strong and resilient places to live, work and play.
Read more about the Burlington Community Foundation in our brochure below.
Together, we are strengthening Burlington with gifts that give forever.